Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Share What You Love Blog Hop



2014febhop_badge

Welcome to the Pals February Blog Hop. This month we are excited to share with you what we love about Stampin' Up! - our stamps, tools, accessories and techniques.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from #11 Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.

What I love about Stampin’ Up? EVERYTHING! 

My answer may be simple but the reasoning behind it is more complex. I have been involved in some sort of crafting my whole life. I will be hitting another major milestone on my birthday this year. So let me assure you, it has been a good number of years.

#1 QUALITY

I began paper crafting in the mid-1990’s when I attended a workshop which featured products from another company, who will remain un-named but is no longer in business. From there I was hooked and started adding to my collection of tools, papers, accessories, etc. I tried everything and bought it all. Because I have a retailing background, I could identify product lines on sight. I even sorted and stored by supplies by product line. Weird, huh!

In 2005, I began attending a monthly Stampin’ Up club. From the first month, I was hooked. I loved the quality and the coordination of the products. Once introduced to Stampin’ Up paper, cards made with paper from other companies just did not measure up. Over time I stopped buying paper at the Big Box and local scrapbook stores for even my scrapbooking needs.

#2 COORDINATION

I have always been very particular about color coordination. I think it all began early in my life when I made all my clothes, crazy but true. This obsession continued when I learned to do decorative painting. At one time, I think I owned 150+ different colors of acrylic paint. Of course, they were sorted by color, browns, blues, greens, reds, etc.

So you can imagine I carried this tendency over to my paper crafting. I Love the way Stampin’ Up
coordinates all of their product. Gone were the days when I went from store to store to find just the right ribbon or ink. Stampin’ Up has SIMPLIFIED and IMPROVED my paper crafting.

In recent years they have taken it a step further with the addition of punches, framelits, and other tools to take coordination to another level. LOVE IT!

It is true, I am a Stampin’ Up snob.

Today, I am sharing a card we are making at my monthly card clubs.  It is a great example of the wonderful coordinating products and the innovative tools from Stampin' Up.




The Scalloped Tag Topper Punch is a brand new product from the Occasions Catalog.  There are so many unique ways to use it.  This card closure is just one example.  I used the Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper, which is FREE with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-bration.  The colors of Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party, and Crisp Cantaloupe coordinate with the DSP.  Each color is beautiful.  What is your favorite?

Crisp Cantaloupe version


Pistachio Pudding version


Pool Party version



Card Details

Stamp Sets:  Perfect Pennants and Happy Watercolor
Paper:  Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper, Whisper White, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party, Sahara Sand.
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party, Black Staz'On
Tools:  Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Arrows Impression, Scallops Textured Impression, Adorning Accents Texture folders, Fringe Scissors.
Accessories:  Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack and Stampin' Dimensionals.

The next stop is #13 Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and  I hope to see you next month.


  1. Kerry Willard Bray at  Peonies and Paper Chains
  2. Brian King at Stamp with Brian
  3. Janice Warhank at  Janice's Papercraft Playground
  4. Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
  5. Michelle Gleeson at  StampinMojo
  6. Marlene Heringer at So Many Toys So Little Time
  7. Linda Callahan at  Stampin' Seasons
  8. Katy McGloin at  Just Fun Stamping 
  9. Susan Itell at  Simple Stampin
  10. Nicole Watt at  Pixel Maven's Retreat
  11. Rae Harper-Burnet at  Wild West Paper Arts
  12. Sherrie Gross at  Stampin Sunshine
  13. Mary Fish at  Stampin' Pretty
  14. Peggy Noe at  prettypapercards.com
  15. Donna Kopenski at  craftycardmaker
  16. Maggie Mata at  Maggie Made Cards
  17. Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
  18. Diane Roberts at  Score at Four and a Quarter
  19. Lisa Ann Bernard at  Queen B Creations
  20. Jackie Diediker at Stampin Jackie
  21. Alison Bilohlavek at ribbon and brad
  22. Kelly DeTommaso at  Kelly's Creative Corner
  23. Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
  24. Angie Blake at Angie's Musings
  25. Dawn Tidd at  Tiddbits from Dawn
  26. Shirley Sumption at  Look at my Cute Stuff
  27. Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
Enjoy the hop!
Hope to see you soon,
Sherrie
Pin It! Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/add-a-pin-it-button-to-your-posts.html#ixzz2rT1AuL9L

14 comments:

  1. Sherrie, What a great project! AND how wonderful to see the same layout in various colors and patterns. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delightful collection of cards, Sherrie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your favorite things. They are what propels SU ahead of the pack. Your cards are a beautiful representation of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome trio of cards! Love how you showcased the coordination of SU products!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! Love the tag closure.......and gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these cards. Sweet sorbet is one of my favorite DSPs. Love your card template.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could not agree more with the things you love. You demonstrated it perfectly with your card. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great job with the cute closure!
    hugs, m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three great cards-same design but all so different. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them all! They are Beautiful!
    Hugs
    Shirley Pumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic set of cards Sherrie. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice to hear a bit of your story Sherrie! Love that card closure and each card is so nice! I think I go with the Pistachio Pudding card, such a soft color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these cards Sherrie! Your use of colors looks fabulous together! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete