Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Guest Stamper

 
I am thrilled to be Mary Fish's guest stamper today.  I have followed her blog for several years.  Her cards are always beautiful, just perfect for the busy stamper.  I really hope to make her proud with my project today.
If you are a new visitor to my blog, welcome.  As I have mentioned before, the All Dressed Up Bundle did not thrill me at first.  But I began to see wonderful ideas online and soon gave in to temptation by ordering the bundle. Well I have definitely changed my tune because theses little dresses are so "stinkin'cute".  Hopefully, this card will help change your mind too.
 
 
 
I stamped the background by using a large flower from the Secret Garden stamp set and the small flower from Bloomin' Marvelous (SAB) stamp set. Stampin' Up does a fabulous job of coordinating products to simplify your card making.  Remember, to consider mixing stamps from different sets on your cards.
 
The First Edition Designer Series Paper is a must have because it can be combined with almost any color of cardstock.  This card combines Very Vanilla, Raspberry Rippler, and Basic Black which are a dramatic backdrop for the little dress. Did you realize there are 24 sheets in the package for just  $12.95?  What a deal!
 
A variety of Designer Series Papers can be used for the dress. But don't forget about the texture folders!  The Elegant Lines texture folder was just perfect for my card.  Placement on the folder can make difference so be sure to try different options.
 
The Designer Pearls and the 5/8" Flower Trim are the perfect embellishments for my little dress.  The new Flower Trim in the Spring Catalog is only $6.95 for 2 yards. By cutting apart the roses, this will go a long way.  The roses can be dyed by using the re-inkers and water or just push the rose down on your stamp pad to color a little or a lot.
 
 
Card Recipe
Stamp Sets:  Secret Garden and Bloomin' Marvelous
Paper:  First Edition DSP, Very Vanilla, and Basic Black
Ink:  Black Staz'On and Raspberry Ripple
Tools and Accessories:  All Dressed Up framelits, Large Oval and Scallop Oval, Designer Pearls, 5/8" Flower Trim, Elegant Lines texture folder.
 
Thanks for visiting!
 Come back soon.
Sherrie
Pin It! Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/add-a-pin-it-button-to-your-posts.html#ixzz2rT1AuL9L

8 comments:

  1. This card is both feminine and sophisticated. Love the texture of the dress. Thank you for being my guest stamper today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Sherrie. I might have to consider getting this set. Love your stamping job on the DSP. Classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherrie, this card is SO gorgeous! Congratulations on being Mary's featured stamper today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this card. I scrolled through a bit of your blog and love everything I see. I've been a fan of Mary since I discovered her a couple years ago and am now a fan of yours. Beautiful work! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love how you did the dress.
    Sally S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Sherrie! You did a fantastic job. I love how you stamped the First Edition for a wonderful new look and that little flower on the belt, the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete