Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Simply Scraptastic

 
Is your desk scattered with scraps of paper?  Mine is!  It is often covered with pieces of Designer Series Paper and card stock.  I have always had a big problem throwing away these bits and pieces.  Friends  have accused me of saving them all. J  After a while, it can become a bit of a problem.  When the pile on my desk gets too tall, I begin looking for ways to use all those scraps.  The Petite Curly Label Punch, which is FREE with a $50 purchase during the Sale-a-bration promotion, is the perfect solution. Today’s project is one way I have put some of those scraps to good use.
 
 
The Print Poetry Designer Series Stack has twelve different double sided papers.  There are multiple designs that coordinate beautifully.  For my card, I decided on the color scheme of Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, and Gumball Green.  I began by punching several Curly Labels from several different scraps of DSP.  Then I stamped a few images from the Pretty Petites Stamp Set which is also FREE with a $50 purchase. 
The hardest part of this project is deciding on a pattern for the curly labels.  I suggest just playing around, trying different patterns until you find one you like.  The card base is a 5 ½” X 8 ½” piece of Midnight Muse, scored at 4 ¼”.  Then a  4” X 5 ½” piece of Very Vanilla was run through the Big Shot in the Fancy Fan Folder.  I think the folder mimics the lattice pattern on one of the Print Poetry papers.  What do you think?
 

 
Card Recipe
Stamp Set: Pretty Petites (Sale-a-bration)
Paper:  Print Poetry DSP Stack, Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Very Vanilla.
Ink:  Midnight Muse
Tools and Accessories:  Petite Curly Label Punch, Fancy Fan Texture Folder, Pearl Basic Jewels.
Thanks for visiting!
Come back soon.
Sherrie
Pin It! Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/add-a-pin-it-button-to-your-posts.html#ixzz2rT1AuL9L

1 comment: