Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Paper Pal Arts Challenge


 PPA155w-frame
Are you ready for our first Spring sketch challenge? Welcome to the March 2013 Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge! Our divinely talented Resident Artist and Sketch Designer, Margaret Moody, has created another fun and inspiring layout for you this month.  I hope you have as much fun with this one as I did. Check out the designs on the Paper Pal Arts blog to see how others used the sketch. I hope you give it a try.  Because I can't wait to see how you use it!
 
 
 Here is my interpretation of the challenge sketch.  I finally got around to trying out the Bloomin' with Kindness stamp set from the annual catalog.  The detail on the flower is just beautiful.  For today's card, I chose to use papers from the Sycamore Street DSP which was free during Sale-a-bration.  It is such a wonderful group of prints and colors. I just hate to give it up.  Thank goodness the new annual catalog is just around the corner.  I am hoping that Stampin' Up will decide to keep Pool Party, Calypso Coral, and Island Indigo in their line-up of ink and paper colors.  They are just too good to retire.

Here is a slightly different color combination.

 
 Card Details
Stamp Sets:  Bloomin' with Kindness
Paper:  Sycamore Street DSP, Whisper White, Island Indigo, Calypson Coral.
Ink:  Island Indigo and Calypso Coral
Tools and Accessories:  Perfect Polka Dots Texture Folder,
1 3/8" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches
 
Thanks for visiting!
Come back soon.
Sherrie
Pin It! Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/add-a-pin-it-button-to-your-posts.html#ixzz2rT1AuL9L

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Sherrie! Both cards are stunning. I really like how there's just a hint of Calypso Coral framing the floral image on the first one. Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty cards, Sherrie! You did a great job with the sketch. I love the Calypso Coral matting with the Island Indigo flower...awesome! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete